Last Updated:
April 15, 2024

Click here to submit your article
Per Page :

Restoration Services

User Name: You need to be a registered (and logged in) user to view username.

Total Articles : 0

When you have taken water damage to your home it can be quite a process to file an insurance claim to get your home Mold Removal Houston repaired. You will want to ensure that the power to the water damaged area has been turned off. Turning power off to the area will reduce further damage, as well as the also reduce the risk of electrocution. Next, you will need to find the water source and try to get the water output under control or stopped. Depending on the type of water leak, you may need to turn off the home's main water shutoff valve. You will then want to perform emergency dry-out procedures on important items that have been damaged by the water leaks. To file a claim with your insurance company for water damage sustained by your home you will first need to call your insurance company and report that damage has occurred. The insurance agent typically will recommend that a professional water damage restoration company visit your home and inspect the damage that has occurred. The professional water damage restoration company will give you a report on the extent of water damage to your home. They will also write an estimate of what it will cost to repair your home and replace personal property. These estimates will need to be given to your homeowner's insurance company but you will want to make a copy of the estimate for your own personal records. Additionally, you will want to document and record the damages yourself by taking pictures or recording the damages with a video camera. That way you are covered by the insurance company in the event that the water restoration company missed some damages. After receiving the estimate from the water restoration company your insurance company will send out an adjuster to inspect the water damage in your home. The insurance adjuster will look at the water damaged areas and survey the personal property damages. The information obtained by the insurance adjuster will then be given to your insurance company. The insurance company will cut you a check for you to begin repairing your home and replacing damaged personal property. Damage caused by flooding is often not covered by a standard homeowner's insurance policy. You will need flood insurance to cover damage caused by flooding in your home. Any type of accidental water damage should be covered by your homeowner's insurance. Repairing your property should be done to standard, as keeping your home well maintained is part of your responsibility to ensure future damage does not occur.

No Article Found

error: Content is protected !!